Position Title: Nutrition Supervisor
Activation Date: 25 November, 2021 Announced Date: 25 November, 2021 Expire Date: 06 December, 2021
About Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
PU-AMI (known globally as Première Urgence Internationale, PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PU-AMI’s teams are committed to support vulnerable communities and populations, those marginalized, hit by conflict, natural disaster or economic downturns. PU-AMI’s main objective is to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality, and provide emergency relief to those in immediate need in order to help them regain their dignity.
Afghan mission is the oldest of PUI missions, with the first medical intervention launched in 1979 just after the Soviet troops crossed the country’s borders. PU-AMI teams currently deliver the integrated health care, combined with nutrition, psychosocial support; water, sanitation and hygiene (wash), as well as trauma services. The organization implements projects mainly in eastern parts of the country, and increasingly in the South-East Region. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, PU-AMI has also positioned itself as one of the main actors in preparedness and response to the pandemic, implementing health and wash-cantered activities at health facilities and community level in Kabul and beyond.
Globally, PUI provides assistance to around 6 million people in 23 countries and across 5 continents: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
PU-AMI (که در سطح جهان به نام PUI پی یو آی شناخته میشود) یک اداره غیردولتی، غیرانتفاعی، غیرسیاسی و غیر مذهبی مدد رسان بین ا لمللی میباشد.
تیم های PU-AMI متعهد به حمایت و کمک جوامع و جمعیت های آسیب پذیر به انهاییکه در اإثر منازعات- حوادث طبیعی و رکود اقتصادی منزوی شده اند میباشد. هدف عمده PU-AMI کمک در کاهش مرگ و میر -کمک عاجل به اعاده و بازیابی حیثیت ووقار انهاییکه در نیاز فوری قرار دارند میباشد.
ماموریت افغانستان قدیمی ترین مآموریت (PUI) پی یو آی بوده و با اولین مداخله در بخش صحی در سال1979 فقط درست بعد از عبور نیروهای شوروی از مرز های کشور آغاز شد.
تیم های PU-AMI در حال حاضر مراقبت های صحی ادغام یافته همراه با تغذیه حمایت روانی اجتماعی-آب-نظافت و حفظ ا لصحه wash و خدمات تردیدات یا تروما را ارایه میدارد.
این اداره عمدتآ پروژه ها را در بخش شرقی کشور و بطور فزاینده در مناطق جنوب شرقی کشور از زمان شیوع COVID-19 در 2020 تطبیق مینماید .
PU-AMI همچنین منحیث بازیگر اصلی در آمادگی و پاسخ به بیماری همه گیر – اجرای فعالیت های صحی و wash در سطح مراکز صحی و جامعه در کابل و فراتر از آن موقعیت خود را تثبیت نموده است.
در سطح جهان موسسه PUIدر 23 مملکت جهان به 6 میلیون نفر در 5 قاره افریقا- آسیا- شرق میانه- امریکای لاتین و اروپا کمک مینماید.
The nutrition supervisor will work under the responsibility of deputy PM. He/she will ensure the Good Running of the nutrition program in all the MHTs and SHCs in the targeted provinces. He/she will analyse the nutrition data collected throughout the provinces from MHTs and SHCs. He/she will maintain good relationship with relevant internal Departments and nutrition partners (PNO, UNICEF, WFP, etc.)
- Plans, organizes, monitors, and evaluates nutrition program operations and staff in all MHTs locations, HFs and TFUs.
- Ensures staff in the various MHTs, SHCs and TFUs are providing appropriate nutrition services, such as eligibility determination, issuance of food cards, standard nutrition education and counselling, and referral of complicated SAM cases.
- Monitors and evaluates clinic performance and staffing needs to assure operational efficiency and service effectiveness in MHTs, SHCs and TFUs
- Ensure implementing of all the different components of the nutrition policy (IMAM).in all the MHTs and SHCs in Nangarha, Laghman and Kunar provinces.
- In charge of the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the different components of the nutrition policy from the MoPH (prevention, detection, treatment) through regular field visits to MHTs and SHCs.
- In charge of the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the OPD- SAM, OPD - MAM and activities implementing properly in all MHTS and SHCs.
- In charge of the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the IPD SAM activities implementing Khas kunar, UTH, want DH and Alingar DH TFUs.
- In charge of the training regarding all nutrition components of the relevant staff in MHTs, CNTs as well at TFUs
- In charge of supervision and monitoring of the community nutrition teams (CNTs) and prepare the month community nutrition data to PM and data entry officer.
- In charge of the supervision from food demonstration session in all MHTs and TFUs. Meanwhile prepare the monthly data for each session.
- In charge of organizing and conducting nutrition surveys if requested.
- In charge of to collect statistical monthly reports from the MHTs and TFUs, review, analyze the reports and provide feedback to the implementation team on Nutrition activities in the target communities.
- In charge of to provide and submit narrative and statistic monthly and quarterly report to DPM/PM and senior nutrition officer.
- Providing monthly plan and monthly activities report and submit to DPM/PM and senior nutrition officer.
- To provide inputs for the Nutrition related new proposals and ensure that learning from the field and identified gaps are incorporated into all proposals
- Participation in nutrition meetings at provincial level whenever requested
- Ability to travel to remote areas of Kunar and Nangarhar
- Ensure that staff is trained on Nutrition SOPs
- Ensure that nutrition HMIS tools are available in all MHTs and TFUs
- Design the charts and table to set up the follow up of targets and indicators
Qualification/ Requirements تحصیلات و شرایط لازمه
- MD degree from a recognized university or Qualified nutritionist , which familiar with BPHS/EPHS NGO/INGO
- Having attested documents
- At least 2 years of experience in BPHS/EPHS particularly in Nutrition section.
- Strong knowledge/familiarity in the eastern region.
- Experience in the provision of trainings.
- Good knowledge of nutrition standards
- Strong capacity of supervision, monitoring, communication and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of Pashto
- Good knowledge of English for the reporting purpose.
- Rigorous, Autonomous, Adaptable and Polyvalent.
- Stress resistant.
- Priority will give to the residency
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
No other type of submission will be accepted. Prepare your resume before applying, you will have to attach it. Please save your resume documents with you name.
Regarding PU AMI recruitment process, please note that!
- PU AMI will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- PU AMI commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- In case of any complaint please feel free to send your inquiries to this mail address: email@example.com
- PU AMI may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Women application are strongly encouraged.