Position Title: EPI Supervisor
Activation Date: 25 November, 2021 Announced Date: 25 November, 2021 Expire Date: 06 December, 2021
About Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
PU-AMI (known globally as Première Urgence Internationale, PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PU-AMI’s teams are committed to support vulnerable communities and populations, those marginalized, hit by conflict, natural disaster or economic downturns. PU-AMI’s main objective is to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality, and provide emergency relief to those in immediate need in order to help them regain their dignity.
Afghan mission is the oldest of PUI missions, with the first medical intervention launched in 1979 just after the Soviet troops crossed the country’s borders. PU-AMI teams currently deliver the integrated health care, combined with nutrition, psychosocial support; water, sanitation and hygiene (wash), as well as trauma services. The organization implements projects mainly in eastern parts of the country, and increasingly in the South-East Region. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, PU-AMI has also positioned itself as one of the main actors in preparedness and response to the pandemic, implementing health and wash-cantered activities at health facilities and community level in Kabul and beyond.
Globally, PUI provides assistance to around 6 million people in 23 countries and across 5 continents: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
PU-AMI (که در سطح جهان به نام PUI پی یو آی شناخته میشود) یک اداره غیردولتی، غیرانتفاعی، غیرسیاسی و غیر مذهبی مدد رسان بین ا لمللی میباشد.
تیم های PU-AMI متعهد به حمایت و کمک جوامع و جمعیت های آسیب پذیر به انهاییکه در اإثر منازعات- حوادث طبیعی و رکود اقتصادی منزوی شده اند میباشد. هدف عمده PU-AMI کمک در کاهش مرگ و میر -کمک عاجل به اعاده و بازیابی حیثیت ووقار انهاییکه در نیاز فوری قرار دارند میباشد.
ماموریت افغانستان قدیمی ترین مآموریت (PUI) پی یو آی بوده و با اولین مداخله در بخش صحی در سال1979 فقط درست بعد از عبور نیروهای شوروی از مرز های کشور آغاز شد.
تیم های PU-AMI در حال حاضر مراقبت های صحی ادغام یافته همراه با تغذیه حمایت روانی اجتماعی-آب-نظافت و حفظ ا لصحه wash و خدمات تردیدات یا تروما را ارایه میدارد.
این اداره عمدتآ پروژه ها را در بخش شرقی کشور و بطور فزاینده در مناطق جنوب شرقی کشور از زمان شیوع COVID-19 در 2020 تطبیق مینماید .
PU-AMI همچنین منحیث بازیگر اصلی در آمادگی و پاسخ به بیماری همه گیر – اجرای فعالیت های صحی و wash در سطح مراکز صحی و جامعه در کابل و فراتر از آن موقعیت خود را تثبیت نموده است.
در سطح جهان موسسه PUIدر 23 مملکت جهان به 6 میلیون نفر در 5 قاره افریقا- آسیا- شرق میانه- امریکای لاتین و اروپا کمک مینماید.
EPI supervisor is responsible for overall supervision of Vaccination and immunization activities in the MHTs as well as in the fix centers of HFs.
EPI supervisor will ensure quality of the services through her/his regular field visits and giving feedback to field staff and reporting to her/his line manager.
She/he is responsible to supervise the planned EPI activities in the selected HFs, to promote coverage, access & immunization in those health facilities, and provide on the job training to vaccinators to improve the quality of care for EPI services.
He/She will assist in the design of curriculum and implementation of trainings for vaccinators and other staffs related to EPI activities (i.e. MHTs, HFs MD etc.)
She is also responsible for crosschecking of EPI data at Health facilities level to ensure consistency and accuracy.
Objective 1: to improve quality of the EPI services
- To be responsible for on time response for all planned EPI related activities;
- To have strongly control on EPI implementation in the project both through NIDs and routine immunization programs;
- To assist HFs staff in the planning and implementing of program
- To be fully aware from responsibilities of MOPH ( PPHD and technical departments) and PU-AMI toward project implementation
- To provide quality and timely reports to his/her supervisor
- To ensure that progress against project key indicators are updated on monthly base at provincial office and HFs
- To closely monitor the performance of project key indicators versus set targets on monthly basis and make sure effective action plans are developed to achieve project targets both at provincial office and HF level
- To establish/maintain easy to access and meaningful filing system and record keeping.
- To establish/maintain tracking system of main activities to systematically measure the progress.
- To follow PU-AMI established policies, procedures and objectives continuous quality improvement initiative works/ performance.
- To have active participation with PEMT and UNICEF and district EPI teams to develop plans for EPI activities of the catchments areas including micro plan.
- To provide training courses to the vaccinators and conduct on the job trainings.
- To coordinate with PEMT and UNICEF to ensure vaccines/supplies are delivered to the health facilities on time.
- To ensure a reliable cold chain is maintained in the main cold room as well as in the all HFs.
- To coordinate with the concerned agencies on EPI related issues including NIDs.
- Make sure that vaccinators maintain proper registration and documentation of EPI activities.
- To collect and consolidate EPI related reports and assist the vaccinators to prepare monitoring charts, request and utilization/coverage report of vaccines/supplies.
- To make sure that vaccinators provide health education messages to the mothers.
- To conduct both on the job and refresher trainings as per need for vaccinators.
- To provide and submit on time mission/activity reports to his/her line supervisor on daily/ weekly base (written document or e-mail).
- To be ensured that each HF under his/her supervisory list is visited at least once per month.
- To perform any other official task assigned by line supervisor.
Qualification/ Requirements تحصیلات و شرایط لازمه
- MD degree from a recognized university or Qualified Certified nurse having strong EPI Background, which familiar with BPHS/EPHS with NGO/INGO
- Having attested documents
- At least 2 years of experience in BPHS/EPHS particularly in EPI section.
- Strong knowledge/familiarity in the eastern region.
- Experience in the provision of trainings.
- Good knowledge of EPI standards
- Strong capacity of supervision, monitoring, communication and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of Pashto
- Good knowledge of English for the reporting purpose.
- Rigorous, Autonomous, Adaptable and Polyvalent.
- Stress resistant.
- Priority will give to the residency
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
No other type of submission will be accepted. Prepare your resume before applying, you will have to attach it. Please save your resume documents with you name.
Regarding PU AMI recruitment process, please note that!
- PU AMI will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- PU AMI commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- In case of any complaint please feel free to send your inquiries to this mail address: email@example.com
- PU AMI may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Women application are strongly encouraged.