Position Title: Head of Research and Development Department
Activation Date: 23 November, 2021 Announced Date: 23 November, 2021 Expire Date: 05 December, 2021
About Alfalah University:
ALFALAH University (AU), which opened its doors in 2011 with an initial enrollment of 120 students, today enrolls more than 3200 full time students which is recognition of the efforts made by the university to build a standard infrastructure and to provide quality education opportunities to its students. It has proven itself as one of the prestigious University in Afghanistan in the field of Civil Engineering, Business management sciences, Journalism, sharia, law and political science. Alfalah University is currently operating in Jalalabad and planning to establish quality education provision network throughout the country.
It is well-equipped to provide standard business education and capacity building trainings to the students as well as public and private sectors’ workforce in a befitting manner. It has well-qualified, experienced and talented lecturers in various faculties for its regular classes with special training assignments. The faculty members are at least Master Degree holders from internationally recognized universities at least having a minimum of three years of teaching experience. Therefore, it has capability of conducting specialized trainings for local and foreign organizations in its main Campus and outside apart from the regular courses.
- Design and manage relational databases and related tools for research use, including data entry in specialized systems such as SPSS, Gretel and/or STATA
- Coordinate the collection, compilation and analysis of research data for the research projects of lectures
- Contributing to and writing research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents work plans and research reports.
- Training and mentoring of faculties’ staff and off-campus clients, undergraduate employees and interns and serve as team leader for some data collection projects.
- Conducts statistical analysis, produce maps, charts, tables and perform other data visualization and interpretation of data
- Preparing research paper and publishing in well-known international journals
- Assist in the review and approval of proposed research topics submitted by the lecturers
- Prepare work plan and follow up plan for the research of lecturer in-progress
- Respond to research related queries and troubleshooting research problems in a timely fashion and evaluate existing research strategies and recommend improvements and propose new techniques to improve quality and productivity in research activities.
- Serve as editor in chief of Alfalah Academic and Research Journal (AARJ), perform critical editorial review and assist double blind peer review.
- Develop rules and policies for research development
- Train teachers in the field of research to prepare them for supervision.
- Monitor & evaluate standard research report
- Initiate research project related to institutional development and providing outside customer services.
- Organize seminars and workshops for lecturers and students in areas research and monograph writing
- Carefully check the internship reports/monographs/project submitted by the students
- Submit monthly activities report to VC academics
- Establish research and academic linkages with national and international universities, centers and/or institutes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Candidate must have MS degree in management with specialization in finance. PhD is preferred.
The candidate must have at least 3 years consecutive teaching/ research experience and must have at least 3 publications in impact factor journals.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Result oriented
2. Hard-working; ability of working under pressure
3. Disciplined and punctual
- Expert user of SPSS and Gretel. Familiarity with STATA is a plus point
- Very good at writing, reading and speaking Pashto, Dari and English. Familiarity with Arabic is a plus point
The position has the authority, if approved, to take action or make recommendations that will affect procedures, processes, and practices involving customers or employees within the same department.
This position requires independent judgment to complete tasks. Most of the responsibilities are performed in accordance with existing procedures and instructions.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume along with cover letter, with vacancy number /Job title in the subject line, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission is December 5th 2021
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview.
Address of the Organization:
ALFALAH University Campus, Zone # 4, Jalalabad City, Afghanistan