Position Title: Enumerator
Activation Date: 18 October, 2021 Announced Date: 18 October, 2021 Expire Date: 24 October, 2021
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has worked in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
The purpose of creating this position is to support implementation of livelihoods component of DEC and Save Italy grant in Kabul. Enumerator (Cusual Staffv for Post distribution Monitoring (PDM) will work under direct supervision of FSL MEAL officer and will provide full support in collecting data regarding to implementation of all activities, which are planned under the livelihood component of DEC grant.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Food Security and Livelihoods MEAL Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Attending on two-days training for survey methodology and Post distribution Monitoring (PDM) survey questionnaire and field test.
- Data collection and strong support of another surveyor
- Communication with villagers and CDCs regarding House holed survey and prepare good environment for conducting Post Monitoring survey.
- Conduct PDM survey in project targeted districts in Kabul.
- Collect PDM survey data and double check the questionnaire for any missing.
- Be sure PDM survey conducting in standards manner and without missing.
- Conduct data entry of the collected data in KOBO online system .
- University degree in any field of social sciences or other relevant technical credential.
- Relevant experience in the field of Food security and Livelihood will be preferable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Representation skills
- Computer literate
- English knowledge in both speaking and writing
- Atleast 2 year of experience in the relevant fields
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by sending the below documents mentioning the position title and vacancy number (21-129) in the subject of their email before closing date 24 Oct 2021
* Letter of Interest and Update CV as a single document
* SCI application form: http://www.acbar.org/upload/1572430756959.docx
- Save the Children International provides an equal employment opportunity and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse