Position Title: Operations & Administrative Officer
Activation Date: 18 October, 2021 Announced Date: 18 October, 2021 Expire Date: 27 October, 2021
About Agricultural Development Fund:
The Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) will act as a second-tier wholesale lending institution that will lend to intermediaries in the agricultural value chain, who will then on-lend to small commercial farmers, defined as farmers with 1-30 hectares. ADF is capitalized by a $100 million grant provided by the United States Government to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to increase lending to the agriculture sector to create a more competitive agriculture sector through expanded agricultural production and increased incomes for agricultural households. ADF will lend directly and indirectly to banks, non-bank financial institutions, credit unions, microfinance institutions and non-financial intermediaries such as private farmer associations, farm stores, agricultural depots, food processors, agribusinesses and other market participants and informal providers of finance that support the development of agricultural value chains in Afghanistan and can enhance the supply of agricultural credit to the end-borrowers at the farm level.
- Assist the Operations manager in leading on operational side of managing field operations staff. He/she will provide administrative support to the field operations unit.
- Ensure that Operations are managed, and staff act in full compliance with local laws, and comply with ADF policies and standard operating procedures or manuals.
- Coordinate activities with the provincial team and with Kabul finance, and operations staff to meet objectives.
- Assist the Operations Manager by ensuring that field offices' activities and reports are delivered according to ADF requirements, within the agreed timeline.
- Monitor and evaluate ADF procurement related contracts of all involved parties’ time to time and in case of any problems or challenges shall inform the Operations Manager.
- Collaborate with team to arrange all logistics for activities as described in activity profiles, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field (mobile money), office supplies lunch, meeting hall, etc. including proper documentation.
- Work on Identified problems in field operations processes and ensure that they are resolved in a time-efficient manner with the coordination of Operations Manager.
- Work closely with Operations Manager to ensure enhanced regional staff challenges and activities, and shall resolve all problem on due timeline.
- Work as a key member of the operations team, supporting major events and activities.
- Observe all field level requisitions and payment documents for payment to vendors.
- Provide administrative support for staff of the department and assist the Operations Manager with the day to day operations, organizing and maintaining files and records.
- Review, revises or recommends changes in operating policies and procedures to streamline office operations and improve efficiency under the Operations Manager direct supervision.
- Help in organizing events requested by management, ensuring that the meeting spaces are properly requisitioned ahead of schedule.
- Keep regular contact with ADF partners and government organizations and work collaboratively with other departments to help solve all challenges and problems.
- Monitor and evaluate IT section all course of actions, inventories unit of operation depatement, and oversight HR unit day to day operations and keep the Operation Manager informed of all due actions.
- Resolve administrative problems, manage staff appointments, oversee the other departments works and report the facing challenges to the Operations Manager.
- Any other official tasks assigned by ADF management/Operations Manager.
- At least have a Bachelor degree in Public Administration or Business Administration.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an equivalent position. Experience working in a similar position for NGOs or an international organization is preferred. USAID funded projects experience is a plus
- Must be willing to travel to provincial offices on ADF’s business, must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties as required and work irregular hours.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Conflict management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create a supportive working relationship with all teams
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent Language proficiency in spoken and written Pashto, Dari, and English.
All interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number ( ADF- 158 ) in the subject line before the closing date to the below email address. Only those applicants short-listed for this position will be contacted for an interview.