Position Title: MEAL (monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning) Officer
Activation Date: 18 October, 2021 Announced Date: 18 October, 2021 Expire Date: 31 October, 2021
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
“Save the Children strongly encourages applications from women. Minimum country requirements for potential female applicants will be followed”
MEAL (monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning) Officer will be working to provide day-to-day MEAL related support to implementation of Save the Children’s grant in the designated province.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Contribute in desiging tools, questionnaires , and data collection forms using software KOBO.
- Analysing and reporting the assessment ( PDM , base line ,endline ) data through latest softwares SPSS.
- Managing the project data from all the operation areas
- Providing technical MEAL support to project team in targeted province
- Contribute in designing, conducting and documenting researches, studies and evaluations as per project needs to contribute in understanding of the impact of the project.
- Conduct/support conducting regular surveys as per project requirements and documenting results/findings
- Verifying baseline and pre-project information
- Coordinate with the MEAL team and project staff and document lessons learnt and findings
- Coordinate with the Country Office MEAL and technical team for conducting required researches and presenting findings at the country/national level
- Ensure the maintenance of both qualitative and quantitative data
- Mobilizing and making communities aware on project objectives, outputs and activities and MEAL systems and SCI Child Safeguarding Policies.
- Facilitate project and activities information at all events such as training and workshops
- Support in development of project monitoring tools, databases, quality benchmark and project reporting.
- Take lead for establishment of feedback mechanisms in all implementation locations of Save the Children’s grant in province.
- Support in building the capacities of project field based project staff in terms of project MEAL requirements.
- Whenever required, give company to representatives of project stakeholders during joint-monitoring visits.
- Other duties as required in line with the skills, experience and role.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
University degree in development studies, social science, or any other relevant technical credential
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven 3 year of relavant experience in the field of MEAL with international organizations
- Previous experience in livelihood programming.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with the staff of government institutions, and communities.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) in English and local languages, people skill for conflict resolution and negotiation;
- Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office);
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.