Position Title: Senior M&E and Database Officer
Activation Date: 18 October, 2021 Announced Date: 18 October, 2021 Expire Date: 23 October, 2021
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community-Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden, SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with a particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
Scope of work:
The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation and Database Officer will report to the Deputy/Head of PMERU. He/she will take specific responsibility for facilitating M & E interventions, managing the envisaged organization-wide database, data analysis and reporting, ensure access to timely information, develop the capacities of SCA Programme Staff, M&E focal points in the field and project teams on data management from a result-based management point of view.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of PMERU, and the direct supervision of Deputy Head of PMERU, the Senior M&E, and Database Officer shall be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Act as focal person for preparation of Databases, establish dashboards and maintenance of the central database to be developed.
- Ensure accurate and timely input of project information in the online database system and issue status reports for M&E purposes.
- Maintain a complete reporting system for generating various reports from the M&E database system.
- Support senior Data Management Officer and M&E Officers on operational data-related issues.
- Data verification and timely entry of data into the M&E database management system.
- Compile, tabulate and analyze and graphically represent data coming from the field on regular basis and disseminate reports to concerned bodies.
- Data collection tools and reports Summarisation and translation (into Pashto and Dari).
- Support the design and conduct appropriate result-based- M&E training for SCA staff to assist them in any or all areas of, monitoring and evaluation.
- In cooperation with Senior PME Specialist and programme managers, assess capacity building needs of SCA staff in the field of Data Management, monitoring and evaluation and conduct the sessions accordingly.
- In cooperation with Senior PME Specialist, support drafting practical guidelines and handbooks to assist SCA in data collection, data management and provide related training.
- Assist Senior PME Specialist and M & E team members in arranging workshops, seminars, and other participative forums for increasing organizational and staff capacity.
- Ensure accurate and timely M&E data entry operations and that data are readily available in the central database as appropriate to the management and ensure that the data in the central database is accurate and regularly updated.
- In cooperation with Senior Evaluation/ Assessment officer and Senior PME Specialist design and conduct data quality assessment (DQA) to be conducted on regular basis beyond desk data verification.
- Develop an alert system, so that the PMERU and programme focal points are notified at different stages, for example-missing data, delay in progress against plan, etc.
- Communicate the problems with relevant units/departments pointed out in project progress reports and any other data related to M&E.
- Support M&E team in conducting Program Quality Monitoring and visit RMOs
- Any other relevant task is given by the Deputy/Head of PMER.
Qualifications & Requirements:
A bachelor’s degree, preferably a master’s degree in the field of Information Technology and Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Epidemiology, Management, and Social Science or other related fields relevant to the above duties is required.
- At least 3 years of progressive and relevant experience in management information systems and management of databases, local/web interfaces, and monitoring and evaluation is required.
- Experience in the field of training, monitoring and evaluation, research, data analysis, reporting with any national or an International NGO or UN agency
- Experience in design and leading of database systems, workshop training in Data management, Quality Assurance standards, technical skills; project/log frame development, result-based management, monitoring and evaluation, data management, etc.
- Experience in research, reporting and analytical skills. In particular, using participatory tools and methodologies for, monitoring and evaluation, capability to draw relevant conclusions and learning point
- Computer programming skills, especially software development and other data collection and analysis software applications such as SPSS, STATA, KOBO, ODK and MS Office packages
- Advanced level of English language and computer programme use, as well as Pashto and/or Dari (written and spoken)
- Commitment to the mission and the core values of the Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Willing to travel in all SCA coverage areas and cope with a stressful environment,
- To be an Afghan Citizen
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter through the Link below:https://swedishcommittee.org/about/vacanciesafghanstaff?jobid=177628
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of the interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.