Position Title: Assistant Storekeeper - G3
Activation Date: 18 October, 2021 Announced Date: 18 October, 2021 Expire Date: 01 November, 2021
About United Nations World Food Programme:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is well known for its ability to deliver food assistance rapidly to people in need. To continue responding effectively to challenging contexts while also contributing to longer-term efforts to end hunger, WFP’s Strategic Plan focuses on better understanding of national food and nutrition security challenges and reshaping its engagement through support to national safety nets and social protection systems, to help host governments with their hunger-fighting strategies.
The incumbent will carry the following functions (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
1. Support receive/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g., waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
2. Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
3. Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control system in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
4. Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyses reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
5. Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
6. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
7. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience
• Using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
• Managing warehouses with food and NFls.
• Managing inventories.
• Processing invoices.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
• Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in local (Pashto & Dari) and English languages.
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting a letter of interest and updated CV or P11 form, please click on link provided below in order to submit your online application through the WFP E-recruitment portal. Please note that application submitted via email or hardcopy will not be given any consideration.
VA Link: https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=151265&company=C0000168410P